Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Why Are Some People Fucking Idiots?

I love baseball.  My team for life is the New York Yankees.  Since moving to Los Angeles, it was hard for a New Yorker to adjust to LA sports.  I actually stayed away from games because of this feeling of guilt.  You can't cheat on your team. 

After having kids, I realized that one of my favorite experiences as a kid was my Dad taking me and my brother to Yankee Stadium for games.  It's an indescribable experience the first time you walk in and see that field.  I didn't want to deny this from my boys.  I became a Dodger fan. 

I love this team.  It made it ok when Joe Torre came over to manage.  I just started calling them the West Coast Yankees.  Now we have Donny "Baseball" Mattingly.  Love it.

My 9 year old loves it.  It's a great feeling sharing this love for a game and a team with my little guy.

But, there is something about LA sports and the fans that can just fuck it all up.  I was there last year for opening day (thank god, without my son) and the vibe in the stadium just felt dangerous.  The Dodgers beat San Francisco and it was a great way to start the season. 

The next day, the news came out that a man was beaten to near death by some Dodger fans.  This just killed the vibe for the rest of the season.

Well, this is a new year and the team is in first place with the best record in baseball.  Things have been feeling good.

Then I read this article.  To go to a game with my kids and having to see these types of "fans" there puts me in a different mental zone and is a real bummer. 

Thanks for fucking it up, assholes.










No comments:

Post a Comment