Saturday, May 19, 2012

Green Juice

About 6 months ago, I went to visit my friend Will.  Will is always positive, energetic and just the best person you want to see when feeling like you need to just hang with a friend.

Will is a single and a great stay at home Dad. 

When I got to his house, the first thing I noticed was how he looked young and had extra energy.   I complemented him on this and he excitedly said "it's this juice"... Now, in my world a good "juice" would be a great strain of weed.  But, this was real juice.  He then said "you want one"?

Well, since that day, I drink 2 large glasses of this a day.  I must say, I feel great all the time and when I don't drink it, I feel shitty.

I thank Will for introducing me to this concoction that keeps me going.   Whether you are a dad or a single guy, this is a great way to start the day.  It takes a total of maybe 5 minutes.

I go organic.  If you are going to do it, might as well avoid the shit they spray on stuff these days.

The Ingredients:

1 cup Fresh Strawberries
1/2 cup of fresh Blueberries
1/2 cup of Pineapple (this could be melon, watermelon, mango or whatever you desire)



1 cup fresh Spinach
6 springs of fresh parsley


1 cup Coconut Water
1/2 cup Orange Juice


1 Tablespoon Flax seed Oil
1 Tablespoon Chia Seed


Make sure you wash everything.  Place it all into a blender that can liquefy all these ingredients.  I bought the Chefscape PBL1000.  It was a little pricey, but I can say, I use it enough to where that's OK with me.

Put them all the ingredients in the blender and hit the button!



  Mix it up


And there you have it.   


                  It makes about 2 large glasses.  I drink the m both back to back.  If they sit too long, 
                 it will get think and kind of gross.  You will be pretty full for the entire morning.  
My 2 year old loves it too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment