Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pineapple


This is something that I never thought I would need to know, probably don't, but was very proud of myself when I figured it out.

Growing up in the 70's and 80's in New York, I can remember a lot of fruit in the house, but I can also remember a lot of tin fruit too.  Some of the fruit included, canned peaches, canned pineapple, frozen Birdseye vegetables and frozen orange juice that you would mix with water...

So, when I first bought a pineapple, i realized that I had no idea what to do with it.  It seems easy and obvious, but that's assuming I had the brains to figure it out.

So for those who never bothered to buy a pineapple because it just looked easier to buy the already sliced ones, here's what to do... It take under 5 minutes and is way cheaper than the convenience factor of overpriced pre-cut slices.

Step 1 - Remove the top.  Just hold the body of the pineapple, and twist clockwise.  That's it.


Step 2 - Cut both ends


Step 3 - Stand it up and slice the sides


Step 4 - All 4 sides.  Make sure there isn't any skin on it.



Step 5 - Turn on it's side and cut slices 


Step 6 - Cut out the hard circular piece in the center of each slice


Step 7 - Cut your pieces after the sliced pieces and there you have it





 You may think this was stupid, but one day you will thank me.


 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment