Friday, May 18, 2012

How about them Bears?


Being a stay at home dad, can make you feel a bit feminine.  But, there is nothing wrong with that.  It's the 21st Century... Leave It To Beaver and Father Knows Best are out of date. 

This is all good...until.... You get a subscription to magazines like Cooking Light and Real Simple.

I sent a year subscription to my friend Johnny without telling his family.  I think everyone was a little confused when he started getting them.   I know the magazines were popular with his wife's friends... Maybe one day they will make something like this that leans more towards guys...
Nothing says 30 minute recipes more than Cooking Light.  I have pulled so many last minuet meals for the family from this.  It just feels weird when you start to cut out recipes and put them in a folder (Tip from Real Simple).  You can't keep a stack of these around.  They just make a mess.


 I know.  It sounds super gay, but you have to trust me...so worth the purchase.  If you ignore the articles about how to "make him love you" and "this springs lip gloss color", you will find some great recipes, household tips and ideas you would never think about.  I love this magazine.  The only embarrassing part is when friends come over, look at it and see my name in the mailing address.  That's cool.  I just say it's Punk 












  



No comments:

Post a Comment