Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I mentioned earlier that I have my kids on a GF/CF diet. 

6 years ago, it was a horrible diet to try.  Today, almost everything is easy to find.  In this particular case, Bisquick has made breakfast easy for a GFCF diet.  If you don't care about GF/CF, just use regular Bisquick and regular milk.

This is a good, fun thing to do with my 9 year old too.

The Ingredients for 4 large Pancakes:

1 cup of Gluten Free Bisquick

 
 1 Egg




1 cup of Almond Milk




2 tablespoons of vegetable oil





8 Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (these are dairy free).  I get them from Trader Joes.

 

I use a 4 cup glass measuring cup to mix the ingredients.  It's easy and also makes it real easy to pour on the griddle.




I mix them all in there and then pour it on the griddle.




Once they are poured on the greased griddle (I use Earth Balance Butter Spread), I add the chips.  About 6-8 on each pancake.  Let them cook until they bubble, then flip them.



Once they are done, just serve and enjoy.  The chocolate chips keep you from having to add syrup, which is just a ton of sugar... Semi Sweet chips are sweet enough.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment