Wednesday, May 30, 2012

And almost everything you'll see is eatable, edible. I mean, you can eat almost everything.

When you have two kids and are in charge of all things homemaking.  After you put on your dress and apron and really feel manly, you spend a lot of time doing laundry.  Lots of dirty clothes, dirty sheets and dirty towels, these are 3 things I can assure you if you don;t take care of, the boss will stick it to you when she gets home.

I was raised by a mom who wouldn't stand for any of these things, so I've already been trained to take care of these issues, even if I was working full time.  Laundry is a nuisance but the reality is that it really takes no time.  Other than the folding, the time to put it ion the washing machine and transfer it tot he dryer is about 90 seconds.  The washing is automatic.  Sure, folding and putting away could take a whole 5 minutes, but I'll sacrifice 5 minutes out of my very busy day to do it.

I recently discovered the Tide Pod.  This colorful pod is a miracle.  It really makes washing clothes real easy.  No measuring, so mess.  Just throw it in and that's it.  You are done.

Tide Pods


Of course... and there is always a catch, this pod is very dangerous around kids.  It really looks like an Everlasting Gobstopper candy made by Wonka.  I experienced the danger first hand.  I was sitting in my kitchen goofing off, I mean folding laundry, when I heard a "pop".  This "pop" was my 9 year old holding a pod and squeezing it.  Luckily, It just shot across the kitchen (just missing his eye by an inch).  I wanted to yell at him for playing with it, but when you see it, it looks like a balloon of some sort.  It cleaned my floors real nice, but made me realize that these babies need to be hidden.  I'm just glad he popped it and didn't try to eat it.  Like I said, It looks like something Wonka would make.

Wonka Everlasting Gobstopper


A few days later, my cousin Cindy came over and saw them.  She asked me if I had read about the dangers of the pods.  i hadn't.  Well, I'm just glad I'm not the only idiot parent not thinking.

Take this as my warning to you, so you don't have a bad experience.  Put these suckers up high and away from kids.  But enjoy their adult convenience.



No comments:

Post a Comment