Thursday, May 24, 2012

His Style is the Dirty Style...His Style is Just Dirty



I first heard of David Choe in this documentary i bought called Dithers.  He was in a small segment where I watched footage of him spray painting a Whale on the side of a wall on the 101.  It was beyond gonzo style graffiti.

Earlier this year I heard him on Howard Stern.  He was on because he was the guy who got hired to paint a mural on the walls of Facebook and rather than get paid, he took stock options.  Pretty genius, but the guy himself, is a creative genius artistically, but kind of insane in general.

His cousin made a documentary about him and his life up til now.  It's captivating.

Watching a guy like David Choe, makes me realize how puny my creative brain is in the world of artists.  I'm totally drawn to people like this.  The arts fascinate me.  I think that's why I've always been such a music fan.  Not only how the songs connect, the the awe of a great artists mind and creativity.

I highly recommend renting or buying  Dirty Hands: The Art and Crimes of David Choe and Dithers







No comments:

Post a Comment