Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Stand Up Chicken

This is one of the easiest things to make.  It's healthy, delicious and everyone loves it... other than vegetarians,  Sorry.

I will say, this is the one meal (as easy as it is) makes me squirm a little in the prep process.  I like to pretend that food I eat was never alive once.   So, the seasoning of this chicken, you can't escape the reality of what you are cooking.

As a chicken eater, I can't do bones.  I don't like eating anything with bones.  But, after this meal is cooked, for some reason (maybe it's how long I cook it), I don't mind.

This meal is a two step process and takes about an hour and a half. 

Ingredients:

                                                                    One Full Chicken

                          Any Season All - I use McCormick- (Now Morton) Season All Seasoned Salt

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350.


2. Prepare the Cookie Sheet and Stand Up Chicken holder by covering with aluminum foil.  This isn't necessary, but it takes no time and will save you so much time at the end (clean up). 




3. Wash the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry.


4. Cover the chicken generously with the Season All to coat the entire chicken.  This includes under the wing and under the drumsticks

5. Place the chicken on the standard place in oven for 90 minutes.  It should be cooked through by this point.  I personally like it very crispy, so leave it in for an addition 10-15 minutes.  Remove from oven.


6. When cutting the chicken, make sure to leave it on the stand.  Your first cut will release a lot of juice.  That's good.  From there, Slice as desired and serve.


7. For a side, I live to just make some rice and corn.  The kids really dig that.  You can make anything really.  It's chicken.



Whatever you don't use, you can just slice up and use later in a salad or as another meal later.  Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment